Our corporate giving program invests in charitable organizations that enhance the quality of life in our hub and focus cities of Charlotte (Mecklenberg County), Philadelphia (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties, Camden County, NJ and New Castle County, DE) Phoenix (Maricopa County) and Washington, D.C. (Alexandria, Arlington, District of Columbia, and Montgomery, Counties).
An organization’s mission and programs must align with one of the airline’s three philanthropic focuses:
- Education: We align our core business values with initiatives that support literacy, STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education and produce academic achievement.
- Human Services: We invest in programs that provide basic human needs (food, clothing and shelter) to help develop economic self-reliance and create pipelines to employment.
- Arts: We partner with major arts organizations that provide access to the arts for all and encourage the overall development and economic prosperity of our communities.
Agency funding restrictions
- Animal shelters or agencies
- Auxiliary, fraternal organizations, associations or service clubs (e.g. Junior League, Lions, Rotary, Kiwanis)*
- Business, political or labor associations or clubs (e.g. Executive Women International, Laborers' Local 777, Association of Mortgage Brokers)
- Festivals, fairs or annual community events
- Foundations, organizations or individuals which are grant-making entities or distribute funds to another nonprofit organization*
- Hospitals or medical centers*
- National nonprofit organizations
- Organizations funded 50% or more by government sources including all grants, contracts and fee for service programs
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status
- Organizations that primarily provide advocacy for issue related topics*
- Organizations whose primary mission is funding medical or scientific research*
- Organizations whose primary purpose is to provide scholarships or school stipends for individuals
- Preforming Arts centers or facilities*
- Professional society, trade association or membership organization (i.e. Chamber of Commerce, Travel Industry Association)
- Recreational centers, programs and camps
- Religious organizations, churches and programs that are purely denominational in purpose*
- Schools including public, private, charter, pre-K, or universities and their support organizations* (i.e. Boosters, PTA/PTO’s, museums, athletic teams, clubs, bands, performing arts groups, alumni associations or reunions)*
- Sports teams or sporting programs
- Start-up organizations as defined as a nonprofit organization whose ruling year has been granted by the IRS for less than three years
Funding is not provided for:
- A program or event within the next 60 days
- Competitions, beauty pageants or talent contests
- Baggage fees or cargo space
- Conferences, seminars or conventions
- Endowment, debt reduction, capital or building campaigns
- Scholarships, camperships or stipends for individuals
- Video or film production costs or sponsorship
*As defined by the IRS 501 (C) 3 NTEE Code. All requests must be submitted through the on-line application process. No status calls are accepted. Faxed, emailed or incomplete requests will not be considered. There are no submission deadlines to request a contribution and one request per calendar year is required.